YOU make the difference!
3 Ways to Help:
1. General Operations Fund
The General Operations Fund keeps the lights on. It helps us pay for daily operations and allows us to continue to grow and offer new classes. It is the most direct way to make an immediate impact.
- Utility Costs
- Tool Upkeep (saw blades, sand paper, grinding wheels, drill bits, etc...)
- Every Day Materials (toilet paper, paper towel, tape, cleaning supplies, copy paper, etc...)
We can always use every day item donations. Click here for a list of supplies that are always in need.
2. Sam Beauford Scholarship Fund
Donating to the Sam Beauford Scholarship Fund gives you the ability to directly help students who do not have the means to pay for a class, and do not qualify for other available assistance. You can help close the gap between financial aid and tuition, ensuring that everyone has equal access to education.
SAM BEAUFORD SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Gifts to the Sam Beauford Scholarship Fund go toward scholarship grants for students. One hundred percent of the gift is given to students who meet the criteria. You are welcome to make a general gift to the scholarship fund, or denote a particular class, program, or student for scholarship funding. We are available to help place students in the best program based on their skill level and career goals. Please contact us for more information about classes and students.
3. Leaving a Legacy
Providing a gift for the Sam Beauford Woodshop in your will is an investment in the future of Lenawee County and Southern Michigan. You can bequeath certain assets, a specific dollar amount, or a fraction or percentage of your estate.
- Restricted Gifts: The gift is used for a specific purpose.
- Unrestricted Gifts: The gift can be used in whole or part for charitable purposes as deemed by the Board of Directors.
- Restricted Endowment Gift: Principal of the gift is held with the endowment. Income generated from the endowment is used for a specific purpose.
- Unrestricted Endowment Gift: Principal of the gift is held with the endowment. Income generated from the endowment can be used for charitable purposes as deemed by the Board of Directors.
Please contact us before making a legacy gift to ensure correct wording. Click here for a few examples.
We believe in transparency, and that all donors should have access to information about the Sam Beauford Woodshop, their gift, and any other relevant information. We support the Donor Bill of Rights.
In an effort to make the most from donor gifts, the Sam Beauford Woodshop has partnered with local organizations like The Boys and Girls Club of Lenawee, Adult Transitional Services, LISD Tech Center, The Hope Center, Goodwill of Southeast Michigan, Michigan Rehabilitation Services, the Woodworking Career Alliance of North America, Adrian Noon Rotary, Kiwanis Club of Adrian and other organizations and businesses (both local and national) to provide personal development opportunities at little or no cost.
The Sam Beauford Woodshop is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization located in Adrian, MI and incorporated on April 23rd, 2017. LONG LIVE WOOD!
Sam Beauford Woodshop Director - Luke Barnett
Secretary/Treasurer/Admissions - Dena Koehn